Home Page

Online Security and protecting your computer

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Online Security and protecting your computer
« on: March 23, 2015, 10:08:37 AM »
While this may not seem prepping related, consider how much of your life is online or linked through your home computer system.

For example, I have a large collection of prepping related documents, not printed to hard-copy (yet) .  I would truly hate to lose that information, even with backups available.  I also use my computer online to watch the world situation: news, reports, analysis, stocks and commodities (gold and silver...).  It is a major information source for me.  I assume that most of you also rely on your online access for news...

This article is the first in a series about computer security.  It is written in language that anyone can understand, if you are at least semi-computer literate.  Since you are reading this on a computer, you meet the minimum qualifications...

http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/features/total-security-part-1-online

The first part deals with your passwords (plural!!!) and how to make them harder-to-break.  As I said, it is easy to read and shows you how to easily but drastically increase password security.

I will post links to the future parts of this article, as they are made public.

PS: My password is NOT 123456
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.