Prepper Radio Net Chat 03/22/23

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
« on: March 24, 2023, 11:52:57 AM »

David - K7DWW[/color] @k7dww[/size] [size=0pt][/color]2d[/size][/color][/size]
Hi everyone...

[/color]K7IN - Paul[/size][/color] @K7IN[/size] [size=0pt][/color]2d[/size][/color][/size]
HI David and Jerry!

[/color]David - K7DWW[/size][/color] @k7dww[/size] [size=0pt][/color]2d[/size][/color][/size]
Ken, Possible question #1 - Everyone has a favorite folding knife and camping knife...what are yours and why do you love them

[/color]David - K7DWW[/size][/color] @k7dww[/size] [size=0pt][/color]2d[/size][/color][/size]
Possible question #2 - In an emergency, propane will likely be an important part of your preps...how do you store and plan to handle your propane containers/cans

[/color]K7IN - Paul[/size][/color] @K7IN[/size] [size=0pt][/color]2d[/size][/color][/size]
#1 - Mine is a Gerber multi-function "tool" that has two knife blades, one is serrated. It also has a file, can opener, scissors, screwdrivers, and opens up with a pair of pliers that also have a wire cutter in the back of the jaws. It also has a saw blade and a couple of other tools that I can't recall. It lives in the center console of my truck. I no longer carry it on my belt but, it does get used at times.

#2 - Mine are stored in two places, near the garage door (2) and in my storage shed (2). One is under the BBQ and could be used if needed. I have a generator that is dual-fuel and will run on propane allowing 12-13 hours run time at 50% continuous load.

[/color]K7KBJ[/size][/color] @kjuenke[/size] [size=0pt][/color]2d[/size][/color][/size]
Hi everyone

[/color]K7KKX - Jerry D Young[/size][/color] @K7KKX[/size] [size=0pt][/color]2d[/size][/color][/size]
Hello all.

As an aside, I found out this past weekend that the FCC has amended the Part 97 rules for CB and is allowing the use of FM. The same power limitations apply as before and all on the same frequencies. A couple of the Mfg have started including FM in their radios. The popular, new Cobra 29 LTD now run either AM or FM, with a switch in the front panel.

[/color]K7KBJ[/size][/color] @kjuenke[/size] [size=0pt][/color]2d[/size][/color][/size]
Interesting

[/color]K7KKX - Jerry D Young[/size][/color] @K7KKX[/size] [size=0pt][/color]2d[/size][/color][/size]
Yes. I had not heard that.

[/color]K7KBJ[/size][/color] @kjuenke[/size] 2d
David. I will present both questions to the listeners.

[/color]David - K7DWW[/size][/color] @k7dww[/size] 2d
OK

[/color]K7KKX - Jerry D Young[/size][/color] @K7KKX[/size] 2d
Ken, is there any way to add a linefeed in chat? I have tried <Alt><Ent> and that posted the message.

Jerry, I don't know. I'll look at it.  Oh, I just figured it out. Shift-enter. Try that.

Nope

Does not do anything

It worked for me.  just did it again right here.

Hold the shift key down while you press enter

Hold down shift and hit enter?

Test OneTest Two

Nothing between.

Let me try the right side shift.Did that work. Nope

I'm using firefox. Maybe other browsers are different.

Ah. Okay.

Usually <Alt><Ent> does it in most applications.

I just 3d-printed two new knobs for my propane stove. One of the originals broke. Now I have two awesome and heavy duty knobs.

[/color]Incredible Spirit[/size][/color] @guest881932[/size] 2d
Sweet!

Test OneTest Two.

Nope

Anyway...

My sharps preferences:

Fixed blade field knife: Ontario Knife Company OKC-3S current issue Marine bayonet Pocket folder: Cold Steel Medium Voyager plain clip point

Kilo Seven Kilo Kilo X-ray Jerry checking in from Winnemucca via chat

I also have favorite Swiss Army knifes, multi-tools, boot knives, arm knives, dive knives, 'survival' knives, and some specialty knives. I will post them up on the nnpg.net forum.
[size=0pt][/color]The Northern Nevada Prepper's Group - Home[/color][/font][/size][/u][/b]
[/font][/size][/u]
[size=0pt][/color]The Northern Nevada Prepper's Group[/size][/u]

Propane question: Currently I only have the one-pound/16.4-ounce bottles. I use several portable file cases to carry six of the bottles each. I keep a few in my regular rental storage room right by the door so they can hopefully vent outside if there is any leak or over-pressure release.

My brother Terral uses 4-gallon milk jug crates to keep his 20#, 30#, & 40# small tanks. It makes them easier to carry and prevents them from moving around in the back of pickups, flatbeds, boats, and other places where they would be sitting on a flat surface without any restraints.

[/color]K7TBO-Dan[/size][/color] @K7TBO-Dan[/size] 2d
My everyday folder is a Benchmade 705 that my father gave me in the late 80's. I just looked on EBAY and they are going used for $390.00-$550.00. Crazy!!

Benchmade is a good knife...they make serious knives and seem to stay away from the very bottom of the market...interesting

Night everyone

Good night all.

[/color]K7IN - Paul[/size][/color] @K7IN[/size] 2d
My other two knives - left is new a gift from a USMC in Saudi Arabia during the Gulf War. The right is one I brought home from Vietnam and carry when hiking...

WOW!

[/color]K7TBO-Dan[/size][/color] @K7TBO-Dan[/size] 2d
Nice!

I have two other Gerber multi-tools although smaller than the one in my truck, one in my wife's car and one in the garage I put in my day pack. Good subject for discussion on the propane too!

Jerry - We have a UHF repeater on Bald Mtn, in the Walker Lake area. It was damaged in a lightning strike last fall and will be replaced with a new Motorola Quantar once the site can be accessed. it will also be linked to a repeater on "Fencemaker Pass" (441.700) and one on Ophir Hill above Virginia City (443.900). The one at Fencemaker Pass should be available to you since it is about 30 miles east of Lockwood and at over 6,000 elevation. Something to keep in mind for the future once our winter finally thaws out on the mountains.
[/color](smile) - Paul

Incredible Spirit[/font][/size][/color] @guest881932[/size] 2d
Thank you, Paul!

By the way, I could work the Bald Mtn. repeater on 441.900+ PL123.0 when it was running last year but, now I can open it but, my audio is not getting through. The other two above are both + offset and PL 123.0 when they are up and running.

Excellent. Thank you for all the information.

Good night all - see ya next week.
[/color]:wink:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, and always remember TANSTAAFL

(TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - Robert A. Heinlein)