Home Page

The Need to Formalize Mutual Assistance Agreements

Offline David-Audrey

• ...Because change is inevitable!
The Need to Formalize Mutual Assistance Agreements
« on: April 22, 2022, 11:07:58 AM »
As promised during the last Prepper Net Transmission...I'm posting here my latest version of an agreement for "Mutual Assistance."

In the event of an emergency, especially a major one, it could be very beneficial if like-minded people could band together to help each other.  But when you get a group, who leads, how are resources to be allocated, when are things done and in what order and much more.  If there is no agreement in place, then all of this must be discussed and agreed to DURING THE EMERGENCY!  That will take precious time, and it will undoubtedly include working out compromises when there are differing views. 

That's why having a "written" agreement in place before the emergency makes so much sense.  Everything can be discussed and agreed to before the emergency so that when it occurs, there is no wasted time, energy or added stress.

And in an emergency, added stress is NOT A GOOD THING!  If there is a serious emergency, and especially if it's a major one, everyone will be placed under tremendous pressure and stress.  The fear, pressure and stress will surely translate into strong emotions. 

So, when someone disagrees with almost anything the chances for tempers to flare, arguments and worse is going to be high.  And let's face it, if we are arguing about what steps and how to take those steps is going on, that's wasted time.

Wouldn't it be better if everyone agreed up front about, literally, everything!  Who the boss is, how to use resources, and even HOW TO DISAGREE!  Especially if the group includes "extended" family?

I and Jerry D. Young have been working on a "Master Agreement" for, literally, years.  As promised, I'm posting it here for your review and use.  There is only one stipulation/requirement.  You cannot sell the agreement or make money from it in any way without PRIOR APPROVAL.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 11:19:42 AM by David-Audrey »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted agree:
Jerry D Young,
Members reacted like:
Jerry D Young,Freefall,beorn,jato0072,
No reactions

Re: The Need to Formalize Mutual Assistance Agreements
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 05:07:24 PM »
JDY has granted me the privilege of proof/pre-reading a couple of his new stories.  I'm also doing that on the 4th ed of the Survival and Austere Medicine book.

I've read the document, there seems to be some influence from the late 230gr.

Attached is a text doc with suggestions and opinions:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
beorn,jato0072,
No reactions
WolfBrother

Most folks are happy being a part of the Great Shepherds Flock.
Some folks choose to be wolves and prey on the flock.
Some folks choose to defend the flock and confront the wolf.

I am a SheepDog.

Offline David-Audrey

• ...Because change is inevitable!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 07:52:59 PM »
Thanks...I'm anxious to read your suggestions
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
beorn,
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 11:16:59 PM »
I am new here, but would like to say, this is a well prepared write up and guide.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
beorn,
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022, 04:42:30 PM »
Good document and guide.  At minimum, a good way to network and learn from one another.  While the Radio Net is great, meeting in person is best.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 05:00:49 PM by jato0072 »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions