Home Page

Prepper inforamtion

Offline beorn

Prepper inforamtion
« on: May 16, 2021, 07:02:13 PM »
Jerry this is the video I was wanting your manual for I tried to give you a shout out but originally the video was just getting too long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSwR9E5w5vI

the original video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqcKv9iRttY

Another spin off about the bad advice they provided on the water containers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1sYBD-O1oc
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Prepper inforamtion
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 04:11:21 PM »
I see why you were redoing the kit. And you are so right about some of the information provided. Like you, the subject or rationing water is something of a sore spot with me. I will not say categorically that you should never ration water, because that simply is not true. Those are very special circumstances, however. Water should be consumed at a rate that keeps a person healthy and aware. Once mental acuity begins to suffer, it will not be long before a person can no longer function, no matter how much water they have left, just as you said.

And thank you for the plug. I do appreciate it. It covers many things most of the other manuals do not, but I would not want it to be my only manual. You just cannot get everything into one book that will even fit on a computer, much less a paper copy book.

You might take a look at the SAS Survival Manual. There is a Collins version that is small format but has everything in it the large copy does. And the app, which is only one of three apps I have ever paid for, is well worth it. There is a free version of the app, but the paid version is much better. It has videos as well as pictures so you can see exactly what the person is talking about for many of the subjects.

Thanks again.

Jerry

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, and always remember TANSTAAFL

(TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - Robert A. Heinlein)

Re: Prepper inforamtion
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 07:59:29 AM »
Back in the early 1990's/late 80's I read an article in the Journal of Special Ops Medicine about findings the Israeli Mil forces found out about after extensive heat casualty research and study.
They found the best place for water is in the body. They found you should pi$$ clear, the more color the more concentrated the dryer your body is.  So the occasional sip to keep going and all the other stretch your water hacks were proven false.  Israeli NCO's and Jr Officers were specifically instructed and were to be held more responsible.
This doesn't help when you're short on water but it should give you an idea as to where the water should be.
Gulf War I - all the pics of the guys hydrating - due to the Medical types more or less telling the operational types, "Oh yes you will".  Bush listened also to SOCOM Med types and as you know, stuff flows down hill.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WolfBrother

Most folks are happy being a part of the Great Shepherds Flock.
Some folks choose to be wolves and prey on the flock.
Some folks choose to defend the flock and confront the wolf.

I am a SheepDog.