Home Page

Camp stoves

Offline beorn

Camp stoves
« on: January 22, 2021, 08:54:13 PM »
Testing out a couple of camp stoves both could be very handy in the camp gear or BOB. Whisperlite from MSR and the Fireman stove from Kovea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mdGGoprBQ8&feature=youtu.be
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Camp stoves
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 12:35:34 PM »
Excellent review, beorn.

I have a similar setup. The compact butane burner is a different brand on the label, but I suspect they might have been made in the same factory. Packaging looked about like I remember.

My MSR is the multifuel Dragonfly. Coleman fuel, white gas, gasoline, diesel, naptha, and I think a  couple more. Though not any of the gaseous fuels. I have had it a long time and it has been a real workhorse, especially in winter camping and at higher altitudes. It does need to be maintained, but that is not difficult or expensive. The only real problem is that the bottle pumps can be a bit fragile. I keep a spare with me when I take the Dragonfly on a trip.

I mostly use the compact butane stove now, unless I will be in deep cold or high altitudes. Partly because I can have a couple of canister of fuel, the stove, stainless steel eating utensils, stainless steel cup, plate, and bowl set, some teabags, multiple seasonings container, boullion cubes, and a couple of other small items, all in an MTM .50-caliber ammunition can.

Just my opinion.

Jerry

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, and always remember TANSTAAFL

(TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - Robert A. Heinlein)