Home Page

Raspberry pi/Retro pi/Ham pi

Offline beorn

Raspberry pi/Retro pi/Ham pi
« on: January 09, 2021, 08:30:46 AM »
I think for the homestead, radio shack or emergency shelter the Raspberry pi is a great addition its low power needs quick start up and linux based operating system. It can provide hours of entertainment during periods of boredom as well as store and make readable vast libraries of important prepper information.It also allows for control and security features on the homestead.

Here I set up a Retro Pi pull the SD card out replace it and it becomes a Ham Pi and I am able to reprogram my UV-5R with chirp.
Would anyone like a demo of how the Ham Pi is set up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tO3Kp6VoOw&feature=youtu.be
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Raspberry pi/Retro pi/Ham pi
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 01:17:19 PM »
I have not finished watching the video yet as this is a busy day. However, I will. And I would be very interested in any Raspberry Pi information for using it for Amateur Radio tasks. I have a Pi 4B, but as yet have not set it up. I am having trouble getting the video connection to work. I will figure that out when I have a chance. I got it with the intention of using it for exactly what you mentioned. Well, except for the gaming. I do want a back-up e-book, .doc, and .xls reader, along with the Amateur radio tasks, other communications monitoring, and weather monitoring and forecasting.

Thank you, beorn. You are a real asset and resource for us.

Just my opinion.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, and always remember TANSTAAFL

(TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - Robert A. Heinlein)