Home Page

Article - The 5 Survival Foods that Saved Lives During World War II

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Things to keep in your prepper food stores...

http://www.askaprepper.com/the-5-survival-foods-that-saved-lives-during-world-war-ii/

I would not consider Horse meat unless it were a time of starvation rations... Horses are too useful for working a homestead/bug out location.  The same is true of Dogs and Cats.

Got Hardtack?  I make my own...  Flour, salt and water.  Roll thin (1/8th inch), slice into 2" squares and dry to brick quality.

Got Turnip seeds?  Get some.

Do you stock Corned Beef?  I find it completely edible, but acknowledge that it would get old if you have nothing else.  Also keep Spam in stock.  You can add other canned meats to this list.

Stinging Nettle?  It grows in damp areas just about everywhere and few people know it as edible.  I've tried it, did NOT like it, but I'll eat it again if push comes to shove...  Cook it first...  ::)

Right now, it is possible to stock up on such "hard core" rations, at an affordable cost compared to trying to do this after and "event' happens which changes our food delivery system.

Think Storms, Floods, Earthquakes or anything which disrupts the shipping infrastructure.

There is also War, which could cause redirection of food supplies away from public markets.  Plan on this, stock up while you can.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.