Home Page

Article - The Best on the Go SHTF Smokeless Cooker

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Article - The Best on the Go SHTF Smokeless Cooker
« on: June 12, 2018, 11:42:18 AM »
The author tests and evaluates this cooking tool

http://www.askaprepper.com/the-best-on-the-go-shtf-smokeless-cooker/

DO NOTE that the heating elements (Quicklime pouches) are NOT cheap and NOT reusable.  So they are more suitable to short term needs and situations where smoke is not advisable.

However, when it comes to long-term survival situations, I would have to say that the limitations of the BaroCook make it impractical. It is dependent on the heat packs, and no matter what you do, you can only stockpile and carry so many of those. Once used up, the system is rendered unusable.

For this reason, I’m not putting the BaroCook in my bug out bag. But then, my bug out bag isn’t intended to be a 72-hour bag. Rather, it’s intended for a long-term bug out, where I would be living in the woods. So in that case, I’m going to have to go with the old standby of cooking over an open fire.

Finally, I’ve got to say that there are times when building a fire may be impossible. I already mentioned one situation I was in, where there was no fuel available. Likewise, being caught in a hurricane would leave you in a position where you couldn’t start a fire to cook your food. In such a situation, having a BaroCook as a backup cooking method would be much better than having to eat cold canned food.

So, I’m glad that I bought my BaroCook and am planning on making it a permanent part of my vehicle emergency kit. While I hope to never need it, having it there will give me one more little bit of security, especially in situations where I can’t cook in other ways.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.