Home Page

Article - Letter: Help with Livestock Dogs Viewed as Pets by the County

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
This is important for anyone who has "working" dogs on their property.  It also applies to dogs who are only family pets.

https://survivalblog.com/letter-help-livestock-dogs-viewed-pets-county/

I'll be the first to say that is a "thorny" problem.  I can sympathize with the author and have no compassion for the neighbor who does not understand the use of dogs with livestock.

This may become a problem, both now and in a hypothetical post-event world.  It is worth considering how you will deal with it, no matter if you are the dog "owner" or the neighbor.  PS Dogs don't have owners, they have friends who they agree to work with...

I highly recommend reading the comments which follow this article.

While it is too late in the case of the author, I would advise that anyone with working dogs take the time to introduce them to the neighbors and advise said neighbors about the actual working habits of the dogs and what they should expect to see.  Sell the idea that the dogs are good for everyone in the area, not just the "owner".
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.