Home Page

Video - Forging the Hero - A Tribal Strategy for... the Decline of Civilization

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
This is Pastor Joe Fox (PJF) giving a review of a (not cheap) book: "Forging the Hero".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj3Q8M16s-I

It is 6:40 minutes in length.  A link to the download is given on the Youtube(r) page.  In case it fails, this is it:

https://forwardobserver.com/product/forging-the-hero-print-ebook/

I found his description interesting and, were it not for the price (ouch) on this book, I would order a copy.

Let me draw your attention to NNPG and suggest that we, as a group, have some of the characteristics of a tribe.

Look at your prepper life and consider if you could work within the tribe paradigm.

I think I must agree with PJF that, post TEOTWAWKI, many of us will fall back into a society which strongly resembles a tribe.  YMMV

Food for though.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
I have, since the early days of my prepping, once out of high school, realized that community would be necessary for long term survival in a post major disaster event life. And, with pre-history being one of my favorite subjects, found myself gravitating toward a tribal type community. I think it will be what occurs, intentionally or not, after any really major event.

From a few years to many years later, the smaller tribes will begin active cooperation and coordination with others, which will eventually, here in the US, bring us to the point where a republic will once again come into active being, even if there has been one in name all the time, but ineffectual.

I pretty much see myself in the role of an elder of the tribe, mediator, advisor, confidant, and sounding board to the leader(s).

Just my opinion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, and always remember TANSTAAFL

(TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - Robert A. Heinlein)

Offline ken_

The book is definitely worth the read. Most of the stuff is available on the author's ("John Mosby") blog at mountainguerilla.wordpress.com, just not as well organized at it is in the book. Unfortunately, I agree with his assessment of where this country is headed.

It used to be that in spite of some differences, our "tribe" was all our fellow Americans. Now we have "fellow americans" who are actively trying to destroy our country. It might be inevitable, but I don't see that as a good thing. "Mosby" writes as if he thinks that devolving into lots of different tribes is a good thing. I disagree with that, but his thoughts on how to deal with that when it happens seem solid.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions