Home Page

CMMG Tactical Bacon Review

Offline 230gr

« on: August 28, 2017, 05:23:36 PM »
TheWolfePit does a pretty fair job of taste test various foods many of which might be suitable for Prepper stores. While I have bought and tested Yoders myself, I have not tried CMMG Tactical Bacon. But, since I agree with his Yoders assessment, I think his CMMG Tactical Bacon should be worth seeing. I consider Tactical Bacon a comfort food, a moral buster, but a food just too expensive for everyday SHTF menus (your bank account may very!). Yoders is defiantly an acceptable bacon product but there is not much in a can about 9 oz. One thing that I was disappointed about, we use most of our bacon to cook vegetables with as it supplies a high quality grease and imparts an excellent flavor. Tactical Bacon have so little grease it just doesn’t work well for this. Otherwise, it is bacon and you can’t go too wrong with that.   

No breakfast is complete without bacon, so there is bacon in a can only.

Unless there is a pile of bacon on the side, no breakfast is complete.  When the grid goes down, this is going to make a complete breakfast difficult to have.  The solution may be a can of bacon.
There is a YouTube personality by the name of TheWolfePit who taste test various foods. In this video, he tries out a can of CMMG Tactical Bacon. In a previous video, he tasted a can of Yonders bacon in a can.
Specifications
From the Amazon page:
Tactical bacon in a can
Fully cooked and fully prepared
10+ year shelf life
Perfect for camping, hunting, zombie standoffs, end of the world scenarios
Net weight is 9 oz.
Price: $27.77
https://youtu.be/MrKq5Xgcgyw

Between the CMMG and the Yonders canned bacon, it appears the Yonders may be the better buy.
$27.77 seems a bit much for a can of bacon.  Then again, this is canned bacon with a 10+ year shelf life.  Can you put a price on something that could bring about world peace?
A nine ounce can of Yonders bacon from Amazon cost $17.00, which is $10 less than the CMMG tactical bacon.
TheWolfePit score:
Yonders bacon, 9 out of 10.
CMMG tactical bacon. 8 out of 10.
Have any of the readers tried bacon in a can? If so, what did you think of it?

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/08/25/watch-cmmg-tactical-bacon-review/?utm_source=Contextly&utm_medium=FollowUpEmail&utm_campaign=271465&utm_content=Notification

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions