Home Page

Article - Emergency Backpack for College Kids

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Article - Emergency Backpack for College Kids
« on: June 21, 2017, 09:36:33 AM »
A father sends their child to college, with an emergency backpack...

https://survivalcommonsense.com/pack-earthquake-kit-for-college-students/

Sadly, the list of content does not include a filter for academic stupidity, but that is training which parents should have supplied to the child from birth...  No need to be subtle about this, parents bear responsibility for the actions of their children.

Another emergency preparedness item is the selection of a college... Preferably not in California...

You can't be too safe with impressionable young minds these days... Evidence suggests they don't make wise choices until it is perhaps too late.  Educate your children now, while you have the option.

Yes, I went through college, and it took me a decade to even realize that I might not have been told the whole truth...  You may now make sounds of shock and awe, followed by as much laughter as needed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Re: Article - Emergency Backpack for College Kids
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 10:03:11 AM »
Ab article related to my original post:

http://www.livinglifeinruraliowa.com/2017/06/five-ways-to-teach-your-kids.html

These are simple ways to teach and almost all children will understand why they are important.

1.  Play games with them.
2.  Leave the electronic devices at home.
3.  Teach them to be wary of strangers.
4.  Teach them to look for good people.
5.  Teach them to be confident.

Each way is described in more detail in the article.  Start teaching your children before they reach "school' age.  Even if you send them to public schools, they will have a better understanding and an ability to make their own decisions about what they will hear from teachers.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.