Home Page

James Wesley, Rawles - "Founders", a review

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
James Wesley, Rawles - "Founders", a review
« on: April 30, 2017, 01:53:41 PM »
After reading the two other books in the series, this was a disappointment.

This story contains several outright duplications of chapters from the previous books.

The story line is within the overall plot of the series and does introduce some new characters and also gives some history of characters introduced in the prior books.

Again, there is (in my opinion) an over emphasis on equipment specifications and in places the book reads like a military parts manual.  I don't feel a need to go back to that part of my life...

In terms of how this could benefit you or I, as preppers; there was nothing really new which had not already been covered in the previous books.  Yes, stockpile everything you cannot make yourself, including tools to maintain everything you have or plan on getting someday.   Needless to say, if you have lots of money, pre-"crunch", you're better able to do all things.   But, if you are not fairly well off right now, then you are more than knee deep to begin with.   That is not helpful to me as  a prepper, no matter how true it may be...

Would I recommend reading this book?

No, there are better books which are actually intended to offer good advice on prepping for other kinds of problems.  Rawles does seem to concentrate on only the EOTW type situations.   Not much help if you live in a flood plan or in a forest which periodically burns down.

Perhaps, again in my opinion, the authors' intent is scare people into prepping.   Not my idea of a good way to "win friends and influence people"...

I give this book a grade of "C" as far as usefulness to preppers.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.