Home Page

Simon for governor

Offline beorn

Simon for governor
« on: October 06, 2021, 08:18:11 PM »
I don't normally get involved in much political stuff and if this is not appropriate for this site I will delete if requested but Nevada is in a lot of trouble with current governor and Covid response. I as a state worker am looking at loss of employment by tyrannical mandates. The USA is in a lot of trouble as well.

Please have a look at DR Fred Simon for governor of Nevada I think the state needs him and the USA needs more governors who will stand up to the federal mandate.

https://simonforgovnv.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvBHWZPXKCI
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Simon for governor
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 08:27:54 PM »
I left my job in California, in part, due to tyrannical mandates.  Here is an example.  There was a new order issued each week.

Pursuant to California Health and Safety Code sections 101040, 120175, and 120175.5 (b) the
Health Officer of the County of San Diego (Health Officer) ORDERS AS FOLLOWS:
Effective 12:00 a.m. on Thursday, April 9, 2020, and continuing until April 30, 2020, the
following will be in effect for San Diego County (county):

1. All persons are to remain in their homes or at their place of residence, except for employees
or customers travelling to and from essential businesses or activities as defined in section 17a,
below, or to participate in individual or family outdoor activity as allowed by this Order.

2. All public or private "gatherings," as defined in section 17b below, are prohibited.

3. All businesses not meeting the definition of essential business in section 17 are referred to in
this Order as "non-essential businesses" and shall be and remain closed for the duration of this
Order.
All essential businesses must comply with the requirements of this Order.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, a non-essential business may remain open if its employees and
owners can provide its services from home, including by telecommuting, without direct
contact with the public.

I was ordered to warn and then arrest violators in my community for leaving their homes, a misdemeanor arrest with a ~$1000 fine.  Meanwhile, a significant portion of felon criminals were released from the jails and prisons early.  I refused the order and was threatened with insubordination.  It subsequently led to my voluntary early retirement.  My other 3 coworkers subsequently arrested 19 people for the health order violation (leaving their homes).  I was the only person in my unit to refuse.

Fortunately I was already near retirement, so I bailed.  I don't know how long my retirement will last as the financial system seems fragile.  I am starting a second career at the end of this month to remain financially productive and to obtain benefits. 

IMHO we all need to push back against the "Emergency" mandates which are in violation of our constitutional rights.  There is no Emergency.

Next election cycle, I will be casting my vote for the most constitutional, small government candidate available.

Please delete this if it is too political.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 08:53:00 PM by jato0072 »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 08:36:06 PM »
Contrast my above posts with US Constitution sections:

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom... of the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause...

Amendment IX
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment XIV
Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 08:39:07 PM by jato0072 »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline beorn

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 05:53:05 AM »
I moved out of California about 10 years ago for similar reasons over regulation and high taxes but the straw that broke the camels back
was when a police officer sent out a ten dollar fix it ticket in the mail because I removed the canopy from my little S10 truck. It took me a whole day wasted to research and fix what the ticket was for (because he didn't pull me over just sent out the ticket). Later the same police officer pulled me over and I politely gave him a piece of my mind about my wasted day for such a frivolous reason. he said he was not on duty at the time that is why he did not pull me over. I suggested he needs a hobby he then said I notice you have a small crack in your windscreen. I heard shut up now.

I love Nevada we just need to get Sisolak out of office so it does not become another California.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 01:08:17 PM »
get Sisolak out of office so it does not become another California.

I totally agree Nevada and indeed the entire country is headed for the California neo-communist utopia model.  Hopefully the readers of this forum will wake up if they have not done so already. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions