Home Page

States where it is legal to use Gold and Silver as money

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
States where it is legal to use Gold and Silver as money
« on: February 24, 2017, 08:22:15 AM »
What? You mean there are places where Gold and Silver are NOT legal tender?

Yes....

So which states have (re) legalized Gold and Silver coin?  That means they are "legal tender" again...

Arizona, Utah and Oklahoma

Source: http://www.thedailybell.com/news-analysis/states-treating-gold-and-silver-as-real-money-now/

Why is it not legal everywhere? You ask.  Rhetorically questioning the situation is a way of leading you to do the same...

In a word: taxes.   Read the source article to see why it is so difficult to force a return to sound money usage.

Why should I read it?  So you know how desperately necessary it is to get out of the fiat habit.

[rant off]

As a prepper, YOU might be aware of the recommendation to have "some" amount of Gold and Silver in your preps.   That is physical metal, in your possession.

There is an argument made that only minted coins (numismatic) are worth holding.  While the above situation speaks to this as valid, it does not address an after-the-crash situation in which Gold and Silver bars and non-numismatic coins are just as useful in transactions.

Since the re-legalization of Gold and Silver coin is a VERY slow and uncertain process, I would advise keeping whatever form of Real Money you can afford.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Re: States where it is legal to use Gold and Silver as money
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 06:58:10 PM »
Another article with information about other states (beyond the ones mentioned in my OP) which are considering making Gold and Silver legal tender (again?).

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/sound-money-is-rising-at-the-state-level-will-open-the-door-for-citizens-to-more-easily-use-gold-and-silver-in-transactions_03072017

Do note the changes being attempted.  This could effect your pensions, if you live in some of the states.

I'm still not sure I would trust any government body to hold my Gold or Silver, but it might be less dangerous than using fiat money... :(

The danger is that Gold or Silver which is "on deposit" (not in your physical possession) can easily be confiscated to pay the huge debts hanging over our heads...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.