Home Page

(upd 10/8/17) Article - Wandering in the New World - Part I, II

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
(upd 10/8/17) Article - Wandering in the New World - Part I, II
« on: October 07, 2017, 06:22:11 AM »
This is a multi-part article and I will update this thread and the original post as more parts become available.

The author explores the idea of becoming a mobile community in a PAW (Post Apocalyptic World).  He lists pros, cons and some possible options to accomplish this way of life.

Since we (humanity) are made up of many different mindsets, I believe this will be a choice for some people.  By No Means All.

Read the article and consider how this might fit into your prepper plans.  Let me point out that any of us may find ourselves living like this for at least a part of a post-disaster period.  I'll point at the hurricane evacuations, still happening, in the southern US states.  These people are, in some cases, banding together to get things done.  Some are still "loners" working by themselves.

Part 1)  https://survivalblog.com/wandering-new-world-part-1-jmd/

Part 2)  https://survivalblog.com/wandering-new-world-part-2-jmd/

Part 2 lists skills and gear to make the traveling lifestyle, post-event, either easier or least safer.

The authors conclusion:

"As I mentioned in the beginning, this was just a thought exercise based on an idea I had while reading an article about travelers (a.k.a. gypsies). I’m not advocating this as a practical alternative to bugging in, or even suggesting it would be possible. You may not plan on being a wanderer after TEOTWAWKI hits, but circumstances may not give you any other option. So having at least thought about it beforehand could prove useful. If you have any other thoughts, ideas, or suggestions, please feel free to share them in the comments below."
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 09:12:36 AM by TWP »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.