Home Page

Article - Three Items Every Prepper Should Have That They Probably Don’t

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
A sillcock key, sharper, and charcoal – must-have items

https://thepreppingguide.com/three-items-every-prepper-should-have-that-they-probably-dont/

ADVISORY:

The article has two videos... In case you don't know how to use the sillcock or pencil sharpener...  ::)

Ok, I'll admit some people might not even know what as sillcock (sill cock) is... But a pencil sharpener?

"humor" aside, these are actually good items to have.
The author does a good job of explaining how they fit in a Prepper bag.

I admit, I do not have any of these items, but that pencil sharpener sounds very handy.  I'm NOT so confident of the sill cock, because I'd rather not be found carrying it by local security guards or even police.

The charcoal, in the minute quantities shown in the article are really only useful as medical supplies.  For fire starting, I want quite a bit more.  Be aware that you will have charcoal for fire starting after your first fire, just remember to collect and store it in your pack.  For your first fire, you have a pencil sharpener and ferrocerium rod, right?  Not joking here.

The pencil sharpener makes very nice fire tinder shavings.  They can even be cut from wet wood and held inside your clothing to dry them out.  They dry quickly because they are so thin.  Figure about 30 minutes to dry the shavings, less if you blow on them as they dry.

Practice, Practice, Practice...

[edit] cnna spel gud
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 06:43:20 AM by TWP »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline ken_

I don't think getting "caught" carrying a sillcock key would be a big deal. Local police have bigger fish to fry and I'm not about to let any private security guard search me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions