Home Page

Road Kill Cafe - What you might end up eating

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Road Kill Cafe - What you might end up eating
« on: August 29, 2017, 06:07:21 PM »
Not just road kill, but animals which are not in our western dietary and culinary food lists.

http://www.offthegridnews.com/off-grid-foods/eating-wild-animals-you-never-thought-you-could-eat/

Some good advice on cooking meats which have not gone through the commercial pipeline.  Not just deer, antelope or wild sheep...

In a large scale SHTF situation, you can expect to see many more predator wildlife and fewer "game" animals.  This may mean changing your eating habits.  Be ready for this and you may not starve to death.

There are actually a lot of recipes for animals which are foreign to the western diet.  Easy to find with some web searching.

[edit[ Me no spel gud
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 09:06:47 PM by TWP »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline 230gr

Re: Road Kill Cafe - What you might end up eating
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 08:11:52 PM »
There is nothing bad with the taste of most wild animals if they are not eating garbage or carrion. Even then it can be eaten if needed. Isn't that why the invented Hot Sauce?

I would think long slow cooking with lots of spice, garlic and onions would be a good way. Come to think of it,  I like most meats cooked that way anyway.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions