Home Page

Congratulation and a pat on the back

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
Congratulation and a pat on the back
« on: November 15, 2019, 12:26:13 PM »

I wanted to share with everyone something that a friend of mine that lives in Hawai'i told me yesterday, 11/14/19.

She is aware that I am part of Northern Nevada Preppers Group and participate in the Wednesday night Amateur Radio Preppers' Net. We were discussing my books, and she sort of lamented the fact that I do not seem to be as well known as I should be (her words, not mine, lol) but that she often heard the NNPG Preppers' Net mentioned and how great it was.

Things well above and beyond just how much they enjoyed it, but how much they learned as individuals, as well as how much they believed that many others did as well. Also, how they appreciated the group for doing the net because it was a very, very good thing for not only the prepper community, but everyone, really, because of how it promoted prepping in a realistic way, with information all sorts of people can use.

In addition, it was good for communities, too, not just Amateur Radio operators and preppers, but everyone in the community because... well... of all the reasons we have discussed how preppers and Amateur Radio operators are such a benefit in the communities in which they are active. And we, as NNPG and the NNPG Preppers' Amateur Radio net, are active, through the net, in the entire world.

That is something major, if you ask me. I found it rather heartwarming to hear this right out of the blue, from someone that has connections all around the world, and plays in some really big leagues, including knowing people that have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars, and in at least two cases, millions, on their preps, including the kinds of shelters that you see the Rich & Famous type magazines and on-line sources talk about.

I just wanted everyone involved to know that although it seems like we may be wasting our time at times, or simply preaching to the choir, we definitely are not. We are contributing a great deal to the prepper community, and the community in general.

Something to be proud of, if you ask me.

And this is not 'Just my opinion.', this is strictly 'Just the facts, Ma'am.'

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, and always remember TANSTAAFL

(TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - Robert A. Heinlein)