Home Page

Can anybody here talk me through Baofeng programing?

Offline beorn

Can anybody here talk me through Baofeng programing?
« on: September 18, 2019, 01:44:50 PM »
Title says it all I just got my technician license and am trying to connect to local repeaters I can recieve but cannot transmit Im especially wanting to use the Wells repeater in this link http://www.w7lko.org/Area_Repeaters.php. On RX I get very good signal strength I have a directional high DB gain antenna I am about 30 miles away from repeater I think I will double check.This may just be a case of too far and too little power. I have been playing with the tonesql but dont seem to be able to connect with anyone? UV5R is the Baofeng and I believe 5 watts of power.
Any advice?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Can anybody here talk me through Baofeng programing?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 07:24:18 AM »
I assume you are talking about the 146.960- Repeater, with a tone of 100hz. With your radio. You must tell it what your offset is and the tone. Your tone is set in number 13 of your menu, set it to 100hz. Then your go to menu #25 and set it to "-". Then go to menu #26 and set it to "000.600" for VHF (2 meter). UHF will be "005.000" for the offset.

Hope this helps!
73 de KM6DZ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline beorn

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 08:31:44 AM »
Thank you that seems like what I have been doing my final question would be is the tone mode TSQL,DTCS,TONE or cross I have not tried Cross yet but the other 3 all seemed to work on RX but I have not yet been able to make a contact TX.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Ken K7KBJ

• Skills - Engineering, Firearms, Electronics
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 04:17:19 PM »
On which menu number do you see "tone mode" ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline beorn

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 03:51:23 PM »
Thanks for the advice and help I may still be a little underpowered with the Baofeng uv5r but I had a chance to test closer and it does work TX at about 5 miles. One of my mistakes I made while trying to test this from my place was that although I programed with chirp everything I was supposed to. I for some unknown reason kept leaving the radio on frequency mode rather than channel mode and therefore none of my programmed specs were being used. DUH
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions