Home Page

(upd 3/30/17) Advisory against a particular camo suit pattern

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
First:  I don't subscribe to the use of camo pattern outfits.  Except:  In very specific cases which are unlikely to occur...

That being said, there is a large contingent of "survivalists" who DO subscribe to the use of camo outfits.  This is for them:

https://survivalblog.com/saying-goodbye-to-the-worst-camo-pattern-ever/

In a nut shell, the US army is changing the default camo pattern and will be exchanging the current pattern for the new over the next couple of years.

That means the mil-surplus outlets will see a sales opportunity in the old camo outfits.  This is where the warning in the linked article applies.

DO READ the short article.  It explains the serious disadvantage of the Army's current camo pattern and why you mostly DO NOT want to use it.

In simple terms, it is not very good as camouflage because it is too easy to spot in MOST environments.

Words you Don't want to hear:  "I see you hiding over there"  This is bad.  It may be followed by loud noises which may be the last sound you hear... :-\

[[edit] Alternative way to do cammo (camo?):

https://survivalblog.com/letter-re-camo-pattern-clothing/

Do note the recommendation to avoid starched clothing and clothing washed with "brightening" detergent.

[edit]  Another reader reply which suggests that a particular type of paint may reduce the infra-red reflectivity of clothing.  It might also work for other objects too.

plus I'll go with "camo" as the accepted abbreviation for camouflage...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 07:12:32 PM by TWP »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Re: (upd 3/30/17) Advisory against a particular camo suit pattern
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 04:54:32 PM »
That pattern is the worst. Only time it was good was during twilight when they were crossing the road and barely see them.

Joe
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions