NNPG List Of Forums > NNPG Book Club and All Things Prepper Pop Culture

Recommended Reading List

<< < (2/2)

Glenda KG7MZO:
Well done Jerry. This is a very comprehensive list.

Clay, I will post 2 separate lists for books; one for fiction and another for the non-fiction

Clay:
Thanks Glenda!

Holy moly Jerry. That's a list!

Here's a few Jerry didn't mention I have in my library:

Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading
Gunsmithing Projects, Shotgun News writers
$50 Knife Shop, Wayne Goddard

Easy-up Antennas for Radio Listeners and Hams, Edward M. Noll
Technician and General Class Study Guides, ARRL
ARRL'S Even more wire antenna classics, volume 3
ARRL'S Handbook for Radio Communications
ARRL antenna book

Passport to Survival, Rita Bingham
How to survive anywhere, Christopher Nyerges
The Reluctant Survivors, Wayne D. LeBaron
The Modern Survival Manual, Fernando Aguiar

Western Garden Book, Sunset Magazine
All new Square Foot Gardening, Mel Bartholomew
Making the Best of Basics, James Talmage Stevens
Seed to Seed, Suzanne Ashworth

Basic Butchering of Livestock and Game, John M. Mettler Jr
Foxfire books series

The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Knots and Ropework, Geoffrey Budworth
Chapman piloting seamanship and small boat handling

redrocker:
"Warwolf," Hermann Loens in English translation.  This is the story of a community that survived the 30 Years' War (1618-1848) in lowland Germany by becoming self-sufficient and creating a large posse to protect their homesteads.  The book is very well-researched historical fiction, and it is believed to be a highly-accurate account of life after an economic collapse with general mayhem occurring all around.  If you want to be a prepper community organizer, I strongly recommend reading it, take extensive notes, and then check off which economic and defense measures the characters in the book used, that you would also want to use.  Some ideas you might want to discard -- like hanging poachers' bodies from tall trees and leaving them there to rot -- or maybe you want to adopt those same measures.  Like "One Second After," it gets very real and very brutal, very fast.  The only other book of its nature was written near the end of the 17th century and included some contemporaneous accounts (I have read that one as well), and is in great agreement with "Warwolf."  The contemporaneous accounts were even more gruesome than those in Warwolf, if anything.  For example:  How many people went out on hunting parties for meat, where the game were other humans?  Answer:  After a time, almost everyone.  Those who had a moral objection to cannibalism simply died off, leaving only the cannibals still alive.

pqtb:
Holistic Management, Allan Savory
The work of Jerry D. Young
out of gas series, Randy Dyess
apocalypse law series, john grit
Dark Grid series, David Waldron
cyberstorm, matthew mather

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version