Home Page

Recipe - How To Make Potato Flakes With 5 Years Shelf Life (without refrigeratio

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Easy recipe, Oven or dehydrator.

http://www.askaprepper.com/make-potato-flakes-5-years-shelf-life-without-refrigeration/

Good pictures and clear instructions.  Cost my even be less than commercial "potato flakes".

If you want the longer storage life, the cost must include mylar bags, oxygen absorbers and a vacuum sealer

Since the storage life in just a glass jar is still months to a year, it may not make sense to go for the long term storage processing.

I use about 2 pounds of flakes per month, so a larger size box goes fairly fast.  YMMV.   Think of that as 10-15 pounds of raw potatoes per month.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline 230gr

Very much like we make powdered pumpkin flakes from our winter squash except, if you stop at the fruit leather stage, you have a tasty treat for the grandkids. That probably would not work with potatoes... unless you could fry them into chips?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline TWP

The brand name "Pringles" is a baked potato paste.  I wonder if we can buy a "waffle iron" or press designed to make chips?

It would be a labor intensive process, even if your press could make multiple chips at a time.

Perhaps they could be made like pancakes, using about 1/2 tablespoon of soupy potato paste at a time?  I've made "dollar" pancakes like this, so potatoes should work about the same.  Except you don't need the baking soda/cream of tartar to make them rise.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline 230gr

Noty going to be much left for the Mylar!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline TWP

"Bet You Can't Eat Only One"  is a truth...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions