Home Page

Recipe - What I made last night for dinner

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Recipe - What I made last night for dinner
« on: November 16, 2017, 09:42:47 AM »
This tasted good enough that I want to share.

Chicken Spaghetti
Ingredients:

3 Chicken Thighs, fresh or frozen (you can use legs too, but not white meat)
1 can (15 Oz.) diced tomatoes (or two large fresh tomatoes, diced) about 1.5 cups
1 cup diced Onion, fresh or frozen (or 1/4 cup dehydrated onion)
1 Tbs granulated Garlic powder (or four garlic cloves, mashed)
1 Tbs Italian spice blend (Oregano, Thyme, Marjoram, Basil, Rosemary, Sage)
1/4 Tsp ground Black pepper

Pasta
1 lb. Spaghetti ( or other pasta of your choice)
4 Tbs oil, margarine or lard  (I used vegetable oil because it will be lost when draining the pasta)

2 Tbs margarine or butter.

Topping:  Grated cheese of your choice.

Preparation:

Put the chicken in a large skillet with enough water to cover.
Simmer/boil for at least one hour.  Add water if needed.  Chicken should be falling off the bone.

Remove chicken from skillet and set aside to cool enough to touch.

Add other ingredients to the skillet and return to simmer / boil.   Cook for 45 minutes.

Strip meat from chicken now that it is cool enough,  Slice meat into 1/2 pieces.  Return to skillet.

Continue to cook for at least 20 minutes until the liquid become thick.  You are making s spaghetti sauce so don't let it cook dry.  Stir to avoid sticking.

While the sauce is reducing, bring a large pot of water (1 gallon) to a rolling boil and add the 4 Tablespoons of oil / margarine / lard.  Lard may be to heavy a flavor for you, but use what you have.

Add 1 lb. of Spaghetti (or other pasta) and bring back to a rolling boil for about 5-10 minutes.  Stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.  You want 'al dente' pasta, not limp noodles.  Practice this.

Drain the Spaghetti, add the other 2 Tbs margarine or butter (butter is better) to the drained pasta and stir until melted.

Add the sauce to the spaghetti.  Stif and serve with grated cheese.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.