Home Page

What is your favorite prepper gadget?

Offline Ken K7KBJ

• Skills - Engineering, Firearms, Electronics
What is your favorite prepper gadget?
« on: April 09, 2015, 11:29:00 AM »
Last night's session of the Northern Nevada Preppers Group Net has been posted.[/size]We asked the question, What is your favorite prepper gadget?Here's your link: http://www.nnpg.net/040815_radio.shtml[/size]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
Re: What is your favorite prepper gadget?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 04:55:46 PM »
Thanks Ken.

Sorry I missed the net. Was feeling lousy and fell asleep just before it started and did not wake up until well after.

It was a good net. Though I would have had a hard time coming up with just one gadget. I am a gadgeteer, as you all know.

But to put one at the top of the list, I guess it would have to be my allweatherfirestarters.com magnesium rod/ferro-cerrium rod/striker with the fire starter coated wooden handle. Soft, easy to shave magnesium, plenty of hot sparks from the ferro-cerrium rod with the sharp edged striker, and the added benefit of the coating on the handle, and shavings from the handle, too, if needed.

One of the best investment I have made, right up there with the Petzl head lamp, Leatherman Surge multi-tool, OKC-3S bayonet, UCO matches, Kaito Voyager multi-power radio, MSR Dromedary water bags, chemical toilet and on down the long list of gadgets I have.

Just my opinion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, and always remember TANSTAAFL

(TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - Robert A. Heinlein)

Offline Ken K7KBJ

• Skills - Engineering, Firearms, Electronics
Re: What is your favorite prepper gadget?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 05:01:23 PM »
Thanks Ken.

Sorry I missed the net. Was feeling lousy and fell asleep just before it started and did not wake up until well after.

We all missed you, Jerry. Hope you're feeling better now!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions