Home Page

We Discussed Your Favorite Knife Steel

Offline Ken K7KBJ

• Skills - Engineering, Firearms, Electronics
« on: October 01, 2020, 12:55:28 PM »
Last night's session of the Northern Nevada Preppers Group Net has been posted.

Here's your link:  http://www.nnpg.net/093020_radio.shtml
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
Re: We Discussed Your Favorite Knife Steel
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 02:37:01 PM »
Thank you, Ken.

I did find the article by Vic that was discussed during the net. Here is a link:

https://shortaxe.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/The-Perfect-Survival-Knife.pdf

I can personally recommend shortaxe.com website. I have known Vic for quite a few years, gone on exercises, drills, and camped with him in all types of weather conditions. The man knows his stuff and knows how to impart the information to others. While we each have our own opinions on various specifics of some prepper topics, it is always simply a matter of personal taste and of intended application for whatever it is. It is never about one of us being right and the other wrong. It is about choices, and what each of us needs and wants. So, you will not go wrong following any of his advice. I check his opinions and training information before I make a final choice on many things, and take his thoughts into consideration. And usually I have come up with the same conclusions. A bit scary at times, actually.

Anyway, check out the article and the rest of the site. I think you will be glad you did and will keep going back.

Now, attached is a .pdf of my thoughts on Damascus steel, which I also expressed during the net. Again, it is just my opinion, based on extensive research. And, as I mentioned, the one time I was able to handle a true, centuries old, Damascus steel blade.

Just my opinion.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, and always remember TANSTAAFL

(TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - Robert A. Heinlein)