Home Page

Article - How to negotiate directly with physicians and hospitals.

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
This is barter in the real world.  The hospital staff probably don't think of it that way, but if you have bartering skills as a prepper, you can apply them in a situation that puts you in their world.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-16/how-negotiate-directly-physicians-and-hospitals

[OPINION]
The intent of the medical profession is to maximize profit to the institutes and individuals who work in that profession.  I know some will disagree with that statement...  Look at the evidence before you attack me for my observation.  Altruism is NOT a recognized trait of Most (note I said Most) of the medical profession.  It is Not taught in medical school and certainly Not a part of business training in our institutes of high education.  If you feel otherwise, then kindly direct your efforts toward those in the profession(s) who might accept your feedback politely...

The article gives (IMO) good advice on not only How to negotiate, but also on WHAT specific items are negotiable.

I wish I had know this when I spend six weeks in traction from a broken leg.

If you are incapacitated to the point the you cannot negotiate (like I was for at least three weeks), then have a family member or someone with power of attorney do this negotiation for you.  That means prior planning which is a prepper thing also.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.