Home Page

184 Meal Freeze-Dried 25-year Prep Meal Kit

184 Meal Freeze-Dried 25-year Prep Meal Kit
« on: February 03, 2021, 08:56:22 PM »
Last year, I purchased a 184 meal case of assorted food from 4Patriots.  It was very satisfactory and filling.  However, I can no longer eat most of the meals because of being diagnosed with Celiac Disease.  I cannot have gluten or foods that contain gluten and that eliminates more than half the meals in this kit.

So, I would like to offer this for sale to anyone who would like a bargain on this kit.  Here is a link to their website and this kit:

https://4patriots.com/collections/food/products/4-week-survival-food-kit

I would like to sell this kit for $150.00 and will deliver it within the Reno area for a cash payment.  If interested, contact me by e-mail at: K7AEC@arrl.net
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
Re: 184 Meal Freeze-Dried 25-year Prep Meal Kit
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 07:51:13 AM »
If you have not been able to move it by February 20th, and I have enough money left after paying for some surgery I am scheduled to have on the 17th, I would be interested. I have had some doubts about the 4Patriots food and this would give me a chance to try it, and let a few others try it, as well.

Do not hold it for me if you have a taker, though, because I am not 100% sure I will have that much left out of my February Royalty payment.

Jerry
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, and always remember TANSTAAFL

(TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - Robert A. Heinlein)

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 12:37:51 PM »
Thanks for your offer, Jerry.  I am only making this offer to the NNPG at this time and if no one buys it, I'll wait to hear from you again.  I do go to Reno at times so, it is no problem at all to deliver it off to you.  It has a black UV resistant container for easy storage and has been in my cool, dry pantry since it was received last year.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 10:52:45 AM »
Excellent! I will let you know as soon as I know.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 02:02:11 PM »
Hi Jerry - Just checking to see what your situation is with the meal kit.  I hope your surgery went well and you are on the mend.  Let me know when you get a chance.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 06:37:02 PM »
I am getting a small royalty deposit on Feb 28. With what I still have in my pocket, it should be enough. I will let you know when the money comes in and I can get to the bank to get the cash.

Of course, if you get a chance to sell it sooner, do so. I know how it is to need some cash and really not be able to wait any longer than necessary.

Jerry

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 10:41:44 AM »
I am not sure what has happened, but that deposit did not arrive. However, I should have enough left out of my SS deposit to get the food. I have to be out and about today and tomorrow both, but I should be home Friday afternoon and this weekend if that would be convenient for you. Just let me know. I will e-mail you the address ad phone number.

Jerry

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2021, 10:56:43 AM »
Hi Jerry - That sounds just fine to me and Friday would work out OK.  Send your address and phone info to K7AEC [at] arrl.net or k7in.paul [at] gmail.com
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2021, 04:49:54 PM »
The meal kit has been sold.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2021, 06:23:09 PM »
And I will eventually give my thoughts on the products. After I have tested them to my satisfaction.

Thanks for the opportunity, K7AEC.

Jerry
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2021, 12:16:37 AM »
Curious.....has anyone eaten any of this food? Checked the website and it's just full of praise how terrific it is to have a supply of it stashed in your closet. But NO ONE mentions how good or bad it is. I mean, did someone offer some to their dog and it refused to eat it? Or maybe some poor dog tried a bite of something, only to have it's eyes buldge out, give a fatal gasp, then rolled over with its paws in the air, dead?

And who has MRE's and have eaten 'em? There's a guy named Steve with a YT video channel with him trying out various military MRE's from around the world. I just bought 2 cases each of A & B MRE's for a total of 4 boxes. Not wanting to open a case, also ordered 4 random MRE's from the same people. This is going to be the main meal with everything. I once tried Mountain House biscuits & gravy and it was AWESOME! There was also A LOT of it.....like 2 people should eat it, instead of one. But it wasn't so yummy when cold. Once those individual meals come in, will give 'em a try and leave a review on what I got and what they tasted like. Also picked up some MRE pizza which I'm told is the cats meow in the military. They didn't come with heater bags, but got 20 of them for $20 including shipping.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2021, 10:21:55 AM »
I have not tried the ones I have. They are multiple serving pouches and must be cooked, not just heated or hot water added. One of them, if I remember correctly, was an 8-serving packet of oatmeal. The instructions on the outside of the pouch were for cooking the entire pouch. Unless there were alternative instructions inside the pouch on how to cook portions of it and save the rest, that one would be tough for me to use effectively. I do not need to eat oatmeal three times a day, nor once a day for eight days. Keeping the unprepared portions could be a real problem under several sets of conditions.

However, I will look at them again and do one of the four serving pouches. See if it really is four nutritious servings. None had meat... I think... One option might have had a bit. Anyway, I will try one this weekend and give a report afterward.

Just my opinion.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2021, 02:50:14 PM »
WB edited to specific:
And who has MRE's and have eaten 'em? There's a guy named Steve with a YT video channel with him trying out various military MRE's from around the world. I just bought 2 cases each of A & B MRE's for a total of 4 boxes. 
Growing up had WWII and Korean War surp C-rations.   
Then had Meal, Combat, Individual ( what they names C's after Korea ), LRRPs (the FD chicken and rice was best), and Inflight Rations (USAF C's).
And finally First Gen thru Current Gen MREs as well as some FSR (First Strike Rations). 
.I've had favorites and never want this agains all along the time line. 
.My Opinion: What you need to do is spend the money and try some.  After a while you'll figure out it's food designed to keep you putting one foot in front of the other not Haute Cuisine.  It'll keep you going. 
.FD foods tend to taste better but serving sizes in terms of numbers of calories generally make a 2 serving FD meal a one serving meal.Be aware of the Number of Meals/Number of Days slight of hand.  In bad times 400 to 800 calorie meals or 7 days of food pail of similar calorie count isn't going to be enough. If you're spending 3000 or more calories a day staying alive the slight of hand is slow starvation.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 02:52:39 PM by WolfBrother »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WolfBrother

Most folks are happy being a part of the Great Shepherds Flock.
Some folks choose to be wolves and prey on the flock.
Some folks choose to defend the flock and confront the wolf.

I am a SheepDog.