Home Page

Yerington

Yerington
« on: September 16, 2016, 05:24:13 AM »
Hi everyone, the move is on. My family will be buying 2 10 acre pieces of land in Yerington at the end of this month. My perants will be moving into the house one one and we will be building on the other. The plan is to be moved on to the property in 5 year, but I would like to start getting to know more people in the area now. Looking forward to the move to Nevada and helping the group more.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Re: Yerington
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 07:07:03 AM »
Jeffery, Welcome to Nevada and to the NNPG.

Congratulations on getting property and a home.

Hope to see you at one of our meetings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 08:53:28 AM »
Way to go! Welcome to the area. Feel free to join in the discussions here.

Just my opinion.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, and always remember TANSTAAFL

(TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - Robert A. Heinlein)

Offline Ken K7KBJ

• Skills - Engineering, Firearms, Electronics
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 10:37:39 AM »
Welcome !
Check out our Radio Net.
Even if you don't have a ham license, you can listen live and participate via the Chat page.
Read all about it on the NNPG Radio Net forum.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline David-Audrey

• ...Because change is inevitable!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 02:44:39 PM »
Welcome to you and your family. You have found a great, caring group. Would like to see you at one of our next meetings.

Jo hosts a Round Table discussion once a month and rotates the area she has them in. Check NNPG calendar to see when and where she is having the next one. You will get an opportunity to meet those members that attend.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 07:26:26 AM »
Hey Jeff, we're here in wonderful Hawthorne :o

Joe.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 07:38:36 AM »
Hey Joe, great to finial hear there is someone in the area. We will not be moving down there for awail but my perents will be at the property and we will have a room there so we have a place to stay as we biuld our house. When I start going down there more offen I will start posting Saturday Night Get-to-gethers so the people in the area can meet face to face. My wife and I have big plans for the land and I would love to find a local group to work with, teach, share, and network with in the area.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2016, 08:42:10 PM »
Sounds like a great plan! Hard when you live in the middle of nowhere, and a job that gives you crazy hours.

Joe
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 02:30:45 AM »
UPDATE: Will we closed on the land last week, i went to the property to get the water leak fixed to the house my parents are moving into. This weekend my wife and I will be getting 2 40 Foot High Cube shipping Containers delivered so we can start move the stuff we have here at the house we rent to the property. If everything goes as planed, this winter we will move most of all our preps to the land and start building Spring of 2017. We need to lay out where all the structures are going to go so I can start working the ground to get the trees planted before they start to bloom.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 05:39:34 AM »
Land Up Date: The Property is ours! My parents have moved in and we have our Shipping Containers in place. We have made two trips there to move our stuff and do repair work on the house. Will be going up the for the 3 day weekend to do some dirt work and get the stakes in for the placement of the house. As fall is here and the trees are dropping there leaves I will be moving the trees up to the property and getting them in to place to be planted. Our first goal is to get the buildings layed out and start working on the garden areas. We would like to lay them out so I can work the soil to bring down the PH. We can install our walk way, and plant everything, get the watering systems in. Then when we build the house everything will be in place.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 04:10:47 PM »
Way to go Jeffery B! Congratulations!

Wish I was in a position to lend a hand. I would love to see the process as you turn the place into a prepper estate.

Just my opinion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, and always remember TANSTAAFL

(TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - Robert A. Heinlein)

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2016, 03:08:03 AM »
Hey Jerry thanks, I will be posting everything onto my You-Tube Chanel and what is nice the property is just down the road from where the Carson River where the group does it yearly camp out / training weekend. So I see the possibility of having a field trip to the property to see some of the things I am working on. Plus Jerry you have a world of knowledge it would be great to get you input on things I will be doing, because helping with the build is just not hands on.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Clay

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2016, 07:18:14 AM »
Jeffrey, did you already post a link to the youtube channel? I might have missed it, but I'm interested in watching. I'm building my retirement home in the desert as well, so I would love to see how you do it.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2016, 07:25:46 AM »
hey Clay here is the line to the You-Tube page ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOZDmYlqRBmoO166OZakz6w ). I saw on your profile you have land in the Wennimmucca Area. I have 122 acres 24 mile south of the city about 6 miles into the dessert. So we might be neighbors. There are videos on the channel about that property too. Looking forward to talking to you about what you building up there.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Clay

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2016, 01:59:50 PM »
Cool videos. I subscribed to your channel.

I'm just a ways out Jungo road, but all I have out there now is a trailer and a camp site. There are a few folks living relatively nearby, but not many. I plan to build a cabin to live in once the kids are grown and I am free to go. I have 9 years..... and hope to have it ready to go by then.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions