Home Page

Zaycon

Zaycon
« on: June 01, 2015, 08:20:09 AM »
All the ladies are talking about Zaycon,  Even on Youtube!  If you haven't heard about it, it is a farm to truck to you service for buying in bulk in a parking lot.  In my area a few of us get together and make a 2 day event out of it. 

Right now we are debating fresh stock for canning or boullion.  Our last debate was Tattler over traditional lids.. Tattler won of course, but don't tell Lois that.

https://www.zayconfresh.com/?utm_source=zaycon&utm_medium=email&utm_term=6012015&utm_content=logo+header&utm_campaign=67

They've got Salmon just on the board for $6.99 a pound, chicken is sold out in SoCA at 1.69 boneless skinless we're not worried Zaycon will announce another delivery unless the bird flu already cleaned 'em out.

So, why am I announcing this company on this board?  Well, LTS is expensive!  We in the cities and suburban areas don't get much chance to affordably get items we want to can.  FRESH (not frozen, unless specified) one day old chicken surely beats that watered down junk that Costco and Wally World sells.  This stuff cans like butter!  Okay, so butter really doesn't can easily, but this fresh firm flesh is spot on easy to can and seems to hold up better than the other available protein sources.

Check it out.  Bet you'll be figuring out how to ad ad a chest freezer to your preps just so you don't overwhelm your better half with all the potential that 33 lbs of chicken provides.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Zaycon
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 11:58:10 AM »
Placed my first order last week, pick it up at the end of the month.  The deal they have on chicken breasts in unbeatable right now - 40 pounds for $1.69 per pound. 

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Keep calm and PREP on!