Home Page

The subject is Operational Security (OpSec) and your phone

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
The subject is Operational Security (OpSec) and your phone
« on: August 23, 2017, 07:37:05 AM »
Please don' t ignore this because I've ranted about it before.  I believe "where there is smoke, there is fire".

If you have a "smart" phone with the Android(r) based voice assistant app installed, read the article and the recommendation on how to verify recordings made by Google(r).

Other "voice activated assistants', offered by different companies, also record your voice, but Google(r) will let you review what it has on record.  That DOES NOT mean the other software is any more trustworthy than Android(r) nor does it mean that Google(r) is any more truthful about what it is doing...

Do note that the "voice activation" feature is known to start recording even without the use of the full activation phrase...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/4295350/did-you-know-google-has-been-secretly-recording-you-heres-how-to-find-the-creepy-audio-files-that-are-monitoring-your-conversations-every-day/

Is this true?  Do you want to take that chance?

I repeat, paranoia is your friend. ???   Do you talk about prepping where your "smart" phone can hear you?  Ok?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.