Home Page

Are Your News Sources Reliable? - A Case In Point

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Are Your News Sources Reliable? - A Case In Point
« on: June 10, 2017, 10:25:22 AM »
This report suggests (not proves) that the information artifact named "Fake News" may be more widespread than I suspected.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/06/milk-alternatives-stunt-kids-height-says-doctor-with-dairy-industry-ties/

I'll point out that it is always wise to double check the sources of any news items.

Since the "study" being cited is likely to be picked up and used by future news reporters and even other researchers, it is to your benefit to at least know that some people are questioning its validity.

With respect to "Milk Substitutes", I try not to use them, in anything.  For me this is more of taste preference in cooking and eating.  For some, these substitutes may appear to avoid the claimed problems with dairy products such as lactose intolerance and inability to digest dairy foods.  Those same claims should be subject to your own verification and research...

As a prepper, you may be tempted to include some "milk substitutes" in your food stockpile, perhaps because of the longer storage life for some types.  Check carefully that the processing needed to prevent degradation did not remove a needed nutrient from the product.  For example, dairy milk may be treated to remove some enzymes, which does make them last longer in storage, but also makes them less valuable as foods.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.