Home Page

Recent events as evidence of changes in Risk Factors

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Recent events as evidence of changes in Risk Factors
« on: April 14, 2017, 12:19:22 PM »
There have been several posts in this forum about evaluating the Risk associated with each of the various EOTW scenarios which we, as preppers, watch, more or less closely.

As an example, I have been following a story about a particular airline which took actions to address an over-booked flight.

Those actions, IMO, fall in the category of "social collapse" which is one of the scenarios in the Risk Assessment spreadsheet.

Were this an isolated incident, it would not server to raise my risk assessment value (higher risk factor).  There have been other reports, in the major media, about such incidents.  Specifically relating to airline travel, these reports point to a negative change in social conditions.

I would hope that all of you are following the news media enough to be aware of these and other events.  If not, then you can get some idea in this letter-to-the-editor which addresses the particular incident mentioned above.

https://survivalblog.com/letter-re-united-incident/

I'm NOT trying to make a judgment on the actions of any of the actors in this incident, but rather point to the this as an indicator of social direction, call it "social climate change".  This incident, and others like it are what I am using to adjust my Risk Assessment spreadsheet values.

I hope this will help those of you who attempt to gauge Risk as a prepper tool.

Again, don't take one instance or event and attempt to build a case for running screaming into the woods and DO remember that statistics is the third category of lies.  Just be aware and ready to act.... It's a prepper thing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.