Home Page

GMO Considerations

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
GMO Considerations
« on: February 04, 2017, 12:49:57 PM »
I think we are all aware of the controversy surrounding the term "GMO" - Genetically Modified Organism".

It is a catch-all term because there are, currently, a very large number of foods which have been, in one way or another, "modified".

I'll stay away from the politics and scare mongering that goes with GMO discussion.

For some more thoughts on the subject and information specifically on GMO Apples, please read this article:

http://www.theorganicprepper.ca/gmo-apples-hit-american-stores-this-month-how-and-why-to-avoid-them-02032017

Personally, I avoid GMO foods... It's your choice, but make it an informed one...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline 230gr

Re: GMO Considerations
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 05:35:48 PM »
This seems like an overreaction just to prevent browning but does not seem too dangerous, IMO. The ones that I would be concerned about are those that have non-food proteins in them like from bacteria and fungus. I don't trust these not to provoke allergies and autoimmune responses is some people. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions