Home Page

Shelter Option

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Shelter Option
« on: February 09, 2017, 08:58:54 AM »
First, I note the brand name (Ikea) may be viewed by some as a problem (I am one of those).

The shelter shown in the video is ONLY sold in large units (96 structures minimum)...

The price is buried so deep in the website that I could not find it...  So it is not cheap...

It is being advertised as a refugee shelter for third world economies...  But they will not be able to afford it, so somebody else will be paying for it...

All that being said, if this product ever makes it to retail, it might be a viable option for your BOL.  Collapsed, it is small enough to fit in a pickup bed/trailer or could be cached at your Bug-Out-Location and not draw attention.

Last, I hope the "Keystone Cops" assembly crew is NOT included in the package.  Assembly time is quoted at Four hours  for a crew of Four.  I would add some time if your crew is not experienced...

It is NOT intended for severe weather situations and the insulation factor on the walls and roof is insufficient.  This could be addressed using foam insulation panels on the interior, for added cost.

https://www.cnet.com/news/ikea-flat-pack-better-shelter-refugee-beazley-design-award/

The Youtube video (2 minutes) has some links when it is finished, to other kinds of shelter.  Those look more interesting to me than the Ikea product, so you might want to follow those links...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.