Home Page

OPSEC - Big Brother (1984) IS watching

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
OPSEC - Big Brother (1984) IS watching
« on: October 26, 2017, 08:13:51 AM »
While this may sound like just one more attempt to spread "fear and loathing" among those who worry about such things (me, for instance...).  It appears to be true:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/10/26/warning-iphone-apps-can-silently-turn-cameras-time/

"Apple has been urged to change the way in which iPhone apps are granted access to the phone's camera after a security researcher demonstrated how apps can secretly record photos and videos without the user knowing."
"Apple did not comment."

I am reminded of the old TV show: The Six Milliion Dollar Man.  (pre inflation prices back then).  The tag line was:
"We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was. Better, stronger, faster. "...

While this report only refers to the Apple(r) iPhone product, there is a high probability that other cellphone/"smart" phones can be compromised in a similar way.  That is my prediction, other phones will be discovered to be "compromised"...

Sleep tight, you're phone is on guard 24/7...  But do watch what you say while sleeping  :o ...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 08:16:06 AM by TWP »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.