Home Page

Article - Bugging In: These Smart Water Solutions Will Save Your Life

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Very good suggestions on water conservation, reuse, condensation recovery and changing your usage habits.

http://www.survivopedia.com/bugging-in-these-smart-water-solutions-will-save-you/

While I'm sure that most of us already are aware of some of these methods and practices, how much do we actually put into daily use?  Now, not in the hypothetical PAW or event short term crisis...

We've tried the milk jug in the toilet (to reduce flush volume) and found that our toilet WILL NOT WORK with this.  It is a problem of the toilet design, which requires a longer, higher volume flush to completely clear.  Yout toilet may have a more efficient design.  Test this for proof.  We had to double flush, which wastes more water than not using a milk jug...

In case you have never tried a "sponge" bath, it can really reduce the amount of water needed for bathing.  My experience is that I feel just as clean as a full flow water shower, but use a tiny amount of the water needed by full flow.

As always, practice may be needed to learn technique.  Start practicing now, before it becomes Necessary...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline 230gr

Re: Article - Bugging In: These Smart Water Solutions Will Save Your Life
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 07:32:29 PM »
Posted in Gardening is Gardening without Irrigation based on
Soloman’s raised beds plant spacing ranges from "Gardening When It Counts”. Chapter 6 for extensive dry land soil building, wind resistant dust mulching and “fertigation” techniques. Selection of vegetables and individual cultivars are a very consideration if you can't or must limit irrigation.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline TWP

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 07:39:12 PM »
230gr
Thanks for the info.  The link is: http://nnpg.net/NNPG_Forum/index.php?topic=2245.0
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline ken_

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 01:48:42 PM »
His suggestions on conserving water make sense, but some of the other things he says leave me doubting his thinking. For example... only having 5 to 10 gallons of water on hand??? Geez, 60 gallons only takes up about a 2 by 2 by 5 foot space and if it's a "bug in" situation I'd rather have it in house than exposing myself by procuring it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline TWP

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 02:34:54 PM »
ken_

I missed his low water storage recommendation.  This is only 5 - 10 days worth of DRINKING water, not to mention cooking and bathing, and hope that you would not need to put a fire to save your home/BOL etc.

I'm not sure I would place that much trust in my other sources of water.  They could all be lost, depending on the type of crisis, and I would be left without adequate water.

More is better.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions