Home Page

Article - 15 Weird Foods That Were Common During The Great Depression

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Unfortunately, no actual recipes are in this article, but some online research will reveal them.  If you already have some cooking skills, you can probably 'wing" it and make your own.

http://www.offthegridnews.com/how-to-2/15-weird-foods-that-were-common-during-the-great-depression/

I confess, peanut butter stuffed onions sounds less than tasty, but if you have the ingredients...

Vinegar pie leaves out any instructions, so you will need to believe that other ingredients were part of the recipe.  The point was to have some spices and vinegar.  Eggs would, if available, be a very useful item for this.  Just about any fruit will work.  Even potatoes or rutabagas. 

The point is to be able to make do with what you have available.  Remember you will be hungry... ;)

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline 230gr

Re: Article - 15 Weird Foods That Were Common During The Great Depression
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 07:45:37 PM »
peanut butter stuffed onions sounds less than tasty,

Actually, that might not be too weird. My wife has been doing some Tai peanut butter sauce with noodles recipes but you would want the real, full oil, unsugared peanut butter.

I have to see if I can find a recipe.   
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions