Home Page

How "Good" is your Prepper Nest Egg?

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
How "Good" is your Prepper Nest Egg?
« on: April 23, 2017, 08:22:18 AM »
A great majority of advice for preppers includes the admonition to "get into physical", meaning physical possession of precious metals and, by extension, real estate and prepper food/stuff in secure storage.

Why this might be good advice (it is) relates to the VERY poor (emphasis mine) security of fiat money.  That means all fiat money, around the world.

This article explains, in fairly technical terms, how our current money bubble was created and WHY (again emphasis mine) it is likely to pop... sooner rather than later.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-18/how-heavy

If you are not comfortable with reading charts and financial analysis, I'll give you my bone-head simple judgment:

"Fiat Money And The Credit Based Economy Are Going to Fail.  That Failure Is Built Into The System."

I am in total agreement with the advice to "get physical".   A corollary to this is that You must be prepared (that word again) to provide protection for your wealth... Be that a deep hole in the ground or a hidden and well locked structure. 

The main point is that keeping our "wealth" in the form of fiat money is not wise, at this time in the economic cycle.

Should you be scared?  Only if too much of your wealth is still exposed and vulnerable to the fiat money system.

Am I saying you should spend all your fiat money and buy PM's and food stores?  No.  That would be panic buying and it usually turns out to be very expensive.

I am suggesting that the wise prepper is moving wealth into forms which are not as vulnerable to a failed fiat money economy.  Remember that nothing is a "sure thing" but we usually try to get away from a raging forest fire, rather than move toward it.

This is one factor in the "Risk Assessment Analysis".  That factor has been making warnings for a long time (years).  Those warning signs have become very strong in the last year...

Don't Panic, But Do Listen And Watch Carefully...

[edit]  This report is an example of why the economic risk factor is rising:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/15638/terrible-congress-considers-taxing-401k-hank-berrien

The 401K retirement system has been tax free since it's beginning.  Why would it now be a target for taxation?

I'll hazard a guess (only a guess) that the 401K funds are looking more and more like a fat goose that might keep the hungry predators alive for a little longer.

You might not have a 401K fund, but there are a great many people who are either paying into a 401K or who are living off the benefits.  I can't imagine that they are very happy with a move to tax their safety blanket.

Since this is Not a way to "win friends and influence people",  and the politicians are fully aware of how unpopular such a change would be, I have to view this as a desperation move to keep the lifeboat floating for a little longer.

[cue the ominous music in the background]
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 08:36:01 AM by TWP »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.