Home Page

Eggs - Good Food

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Eggs - Good Food
« on: April 21, 2017, 02:51:48 PM »
If you're over 30 years old, you've seen and heard the conflicting story of egg nutrition...

Here's a better take on eggs as food:

http://www.offthegridnews.com/how-to-2/just-about-everything-youve-heard-about-eggs-is-wrong/

Look at the bottom of the article for the reference material for the claims stated in the article.

FYI - I eat eggs, I like eggs and I recommend that you plan on having an egg source in your prepper plans.

That being said: caviar is bad... I will only eat it if I am near death, someone is holding my arms down and prying my mouth open.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline 230gr

Re: Eggs - Good Food
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 06:11:06 PM »
Yolk color is important!
Egg yolk color is determined by the hen’s diet but it does affect the nutritional value. A dark yellow yolk indicates a hen that ate green vegetables. This means a higher level of healthful Omega 3 fats. Also, they are higher in Lutein and Zeaxanthin. High levels of these two antioxidants that protect the macula from damage from light. Macular degeneration affects tissue in the part of the retina that is responsible for central vision, called the macula. It causes blurred vision or a blind spot in the center of your vision
Egg yolks have high concentrations of lutein and zeaxanthin but they are temperature sensitive so yolks must not over cooked (above 120o F) to the point that they are no longer runny.
f these two antioxidants that protect the macula from damage from light. Macular degeneration affects tissue in the part of the retina that is responsible for central vision, called the macula. It causes blurred vision or a blind spot in the center of your vision
Egg yolks have high concentrations of lutein and zeaxanthin but they are temperature sensitive so yolks must not over cooked (above 120o F) to the point that they are no longer runny.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions