Home Page

We have attacked Syria

Offline xoruss

We have attacked Syria
« on: April 13, 2018, 06:52:02 PM »
As the ships and aircraft of U.S., Great Britain and France, start laying tons of explosives on Syria, I ask for opinions on the following:
1) Will Syria roll over or will they counter attack?
2) Russia has been told in no uncertain terms by Pres Trump to stay out of the fight. Will they?
3) Will Iran use Hamas, Hezbolla, AQ, ISIS and other terror groups launch attacks against the U.S. and our allies?
4) Will Erdogan join forces with Syria?
5) Will Israel Attack Syria again
6) Will we be allowed to use Incerlik Air Base?
Any thoughts?
Russ

7) Will France surrender without firing a shot? (sorry, I couldn't resist) :o
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 09:55:24 AM by xoruss »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline ken_

Re: We have attacked Syria
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 10:07:00 PM »
We didn't attack Syria, we attacked a Syrian military base. The Syrian president uses his military to launch chemical weapon attacks against his citizens who oppose him. OK, maybe it depends on how you look at it... If a country is the government, no matter how badly they treat their own citizens, then we attacked Syria. If you look at a country as the people who live there, then maybe we just defended Syria.

Whether or not "we" as a country should even be involved is above my pay grade.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline xoruss

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 01:29:43 AM »
Ken,
  It has been reported that we (U.S., Britain and France) have launched 105 missiles from our Navy ships and Air Force B-1 bombers against 3 military targets alleged to be part of the Syrian military's ability to store, launch and/or manufacture chemical weapons. I didn't not make a judgement call on the attack... just reported that it had taken place.

Russ

updated with info from 0800 Pentagon briefing
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 06:22:39 AM by xoruss »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 10:10:04 AM »
As the ships and aircraft of U.S., Great Britain and France, start laying tons of explosives on Syria, I ask for opinions on the following:
1) Will Syria roll over or will they counter attack? Counter attack
2) Russia has been told in no uncertain terms by Pres Trump to stay out of the fight. Will they? No
3) Will Iran use Hamas, Hezbolla, AQ, ISIS and other terror groups launch attacks against the U.S. and our allies?Yes
4) Will Erdogan join forces with Syria? Not sure
5) Will Israel Attack Syria again Yes, but not necessarily in conjunction with this
6) Will we be allowed to use Incerlik Air Base? No, at least eventually. Right now, still a possibility.
Any thoughts?
Russ

7) Will France surrender without firing a shot? (sorry, I couldn't resist) :o I better keep my mouth shut on this one.

Just my opinions.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, and always remember TANSTAAFL

(TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - Robert A. Heinlein)

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 11:14:31 AM »
1) Will Syria roll over or will they counter attack? Counter attack
My worry is what the many practitioners of the Religion of Peace, here in America, will do in response.

2) Russia has been told in no uncertain terms by Pres Trump to stay out of the fight. Will they? No
The leader who does like Captain Kirk and loses his shirt all the time, IMNTBHO is trying to show that he has the biggest male member.  He'll do something to show that.

3) Will Iran use Hamas, Hezbolla, AQ, ISIS and other terror groups launch attacks against the U.S. and our allies?Yes
See #1 reply

4) Will Erdogan join forces with Syria? Not sure
Don't know enough to say.

5) Will Israel Attack Syria again Yes, but not necessarily in conjunction with this
Probably, they are good at following Sun Tzu's advice on picking their battles.

6) Will we be allowed to use Incerlik Air Base? No, at least eventually. Right now, still a possibility.
Don't know enough to say.

Any thoughts?
Russ

7) Will France surrender without firing a shot? (sorry, I couldn't resist) :o I better keep my mouth shut on this one.
After doing so, they will bravely continue to overcharge for meals and make cleverly snide remarks.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WolfBrother

Most folks are happy being a part of the Great Shepherds Flock.
Some folks choose to be wolves and prey on the flock.
Some folks choose to defend the flock and confront the wolf.

I am a SheepDog.