Home Page

UPS Store copying sale

Offline xoruss

UPS Store copying sale
« on: March 13, 2018, 03:50:13 PM »
I wanted to print out a copy of Austere Medicine and checked to see what it would cost at a local copy center. A call to the local UPS Store gave me good news... they have a sale going on "for the next few days" and copying is 4 cents/page. I will find out tomorrow if that is a 2 sided page or not. Either way I will make a copy off the flash drive I downloaded.
Russ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: UPS Store copying sale
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 03:54:30 PM »
Sure beats the 40 cents a page I was quoted for color at the area Office Depot.

RR
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline xoruss

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 05:25:05 PM »
RR,
  Admittedly, I only wanted black and white.
Russ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 06:08:49 PM »
Understand. I was checking at the time because I have a boatload of medical books in pdf format that I'd like hard copies of. No few of them are no longer in print, hence the need.

Still, 4 cents a page is a deal. Though you can get a print copy in softcover and B/W for under $20 before postage.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/discussion-group-rawtwm/survival-austere-medicine-an-introduction-black-white-paperback/paperback/product-23509861.html

For the record, we make zero royalties off the book no matter the format. The B/W version was done precisely because of the cost of color printing.

RR
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline xoruss

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 06:27:47 PM »
RR,
  Are you behind that website? If so, I will place my order with you.
Russ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 09:05:08 PM »
No sir, we do not sell the books directly. The site is that for the printer - Lulu.com  The cost is for their service. That is the only place that that the books can be ordered from - they are not stocked but rather printed on request. Amazon does not stock them - that would require ISBN numbers for every version, or 4 numbers in all. We only have the ISBN attached to the hardcover color edition. That allows people to search for the book by the ISBN and gives us some legal protections, but not a true copyright.

But that is the only place you can buy the book. The pdf version is, always has been and always shall be, free. The print version, as with the last from 2005 - is sold at printer's cost. It actually costs us money to write. I personally bought no few of the References I recommend in that chapter. There were even a couple that didn't make the list, like Where There Is No Pharmacist. Not useful in the austere environment unless you are trying to set up a pharmacy in outer Kenya.

RR

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline xoruss

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 04:55:12 AM »
RR
  I used to enjoy the things you wrote back in the Frugal days. You haven't lost your touch.
Russ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions