Home Page

Would you hire the fox to guard the henhouse?

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Would you hire the fox to guard the henhouse?
« on: August 27, 2017, 07:51:49 AM »
Having commented on this before, I'll now proceed to hammer on it again...  This is OpSec (Operational Security) related and it (IMNSHO) is very important in this current age of diminishing privacy and increasingly invasive monitoring of our private lives.

Do you get that I think this is a bad thing?  I state it for the record:  this is a bad thing.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/07/28/whos-there-amazons-echo-sees-potential-beyond-voice-in-smart-home-security.html

Let me direct your attention to some of the movies of the past, in which this kind of "tool" is used for control of people who are no longer able or willing to think for themselves.  Remember "1984" by Orwell?

Sadly, it is the younger generation who are targeted by this technology.  That same generation is being taught that this kind of "oversight" is normal and good.  I invite you to review the advertising used to sell the devices and systems listed in the linked article.  At whom are they aimed?

[/rant off]  We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming... ???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.