Home Page

Blue Stand Alone Water or Wine Barrels

Blue Stand Alone Water or Wine Barrels
« on: April 02, 2015, 11:10:43 AM »
Just came across this on line auction for blue water barrels that have been used for wine making.  Over 110 barrels and water systems..

http://garliccityauction.hibid.com/catalog/56696/water-storage-containers?tab=0

It's an auction in Gilroy California and I don't know how you'd transport 'em to your area, but here they are and the starting bid is $10..

There are some really beautifully painted examples of the 55 gallon barrels (they are not for sale  :( .. Figure it fits in with the 'hide in plain sight' theory of preps..
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 11:31:59 AM by LadyAHG »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: 110 Blue Stand Alone Water or Wine Barrels
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 12:25:52 PM »
Just talked to Richie whose handling the auction.. if a group wishes to buy all or part, he can guarantee the $10 a barrel price now.  OR if the barrels do have a bid on them, the increments are $2.50.  But now they have them at $10 + tax and shipping

The 55 gallon sealed water barrels have the reusable metal ring on top; they are cleaned out and ready for use (darn, I woulda liked some wine in mine).

For a group order going to Reno area, shipping could be arranged to a single drop off site and I'm checking on the price now.  Reno's a new area for me, if anyone is interested and has a shipping connection, please let me know. 

The auction ad says pick up by Tuesday, but Richie says he will store the barrels for a reasonable amount of time after the auction to facilitate transportation arrangements.

I'm posting this because another online prep store has similar barrels that do not have the metal top sealer ring, on sale for $79.95 + tax and shipping..

I'm getting 4 so there are plenty left ($40)..  that's half the price of just 1 new shiny barrel..

BTW  I am interested in saving $$ when I can, so if anyone else has any prepper "finds"  I hope it's alright to post 'em!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions