Home Page

(upd 4/22/18) Article - Creating Your Own Secure Messages

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
(upd 4/22/18) Article - Creating Your Own Secure Messages
« on: April 21, 2018, 08:38:08 AM »
This is a mulit-part article and I will update this post as the other parts become available.

Part 1)  https://survivalblog.com/creating-secure-messages-part-1-daytonprepper1/

Part 2)  https://survivalblog.com/creating-secure-messages-part-2-daytonprepper1/

In the past, some of us have experimented with using encrypted messages as part of OPSEC (Operational Security) practice.

This can be important in a post-event world were, for instance, you need to leave a message to others but don't want it to be readable by everybody who might see it.

Of course it behooves us to actually hide the encrypted message... This will reduce the chance of the message being removed by somebody else.

The process described by the author may seem somewhat complicated, but it does make sense and does need practice.  That practice can be part of a game which will make it more fun to do.

I suggest that you encode the shopping list and let the shoppers do the decoding.  It (shopping) will need to be done anyway, so why not make it part of the practice?

Part 2 goes into more detail on how to create an encryption tool.  Again, it is NOT a simple nor quick process, but does offer higher security, if that is what you need and want.

Personally, I can see (predict) a scenario which would make this kind of encryption necessary.  It is definitely a dark and unpleasant world which will make this kind of communication a part of life.  That being said, I would rather have this type of comms encryption ready for use and be trained in that use, then to be faced with needed it and no having it...

It falls under the prepping category, but I expect that many will not see the need, right now.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 09:26:57 AM by TWP »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.