Home Page

Article - DIY Portable Emergency Toilets That Are Easy To Make

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Article - DIY Portable Emergency Toilets That Are Easy To Make
« on: October 23, 2017, 03:24:33 AM »
Both homemade and commercial "potty" units.

Read the article and look at the pictures.  You will see something which you can either make or purchase (right now anyway).

The only thing missing is how to dig a hole and improvise a seat over that hole.  I think I would cut the bottom out of a 5-6 gallon plastic bucket and put a normal toilet seat on top of the bucket.  Be aware that a deep hole is better and too not put your toilet close to your water source.

https://www.foodstoragemoms.com/2017/10/diy-portable-emergency-toilets-easy-make/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Re: Article - DIY Portable Emergency Toilets That Are Easy To Make
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 04:21:21 PM »
For short term, MY OPINION - less than 2 weeks max, the article above works.  However if it's looking longer, you'll really need to look at longer term solutions.  The .mil has solutions that way.

.mil solution download:
http://www.marines.mil/Portals/59/Publications/MCRP%203-40A.4%20Formerly%20MCRP%204-11.1D.pdf?ver=2017-10-10-094644-930

It is the following manual:
FM 21-10
MCRP 3-40A.4
(Formerly MCRP 4-11.1D)
Field Hygiene and Sanitation

Starting page A-39 thru A-43 (pages 133-137 of the pdf) you'll find pictures and such on how to make field type toilets.

It's fundamental knowledge has not changed much since I was first exposed to it ( 1971 - back when I was a .mil Medic )

I have this pdf and ran it thru a pdf to Word converter and am in process of re-formatting for better reading.  Be happy to email either or both to anyone,

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WolfBrother

Most folks are happy being a part of the Great Shepherds Flock.
Some folks choose to be wolves and prey on the flock.
Some folks choose to defend the flock and confront the wolf.

I am a SheepDog.