Home Page

What's in your prepper medical bag?

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
What's in your prepper medical bag?
« on: December 05, 2016, 11:09:20 AM »
Just some "anecdotal" evidence for an older (WW I) treatment for infections.

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sci-tech/wwi-antiseptic-could-fight-common-cold--and-tackle-superbugs-20161124-gswmn7.html

I am not a doctor... (nor do I play one on TV, etc.) so this is just information with NO recommendation implied or offered.

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH on what you include in your prepper medical stock.

We are all, I hope, aware of the not-so-subtle hints on "fish" antibiotics.  Again, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH and consult an actual doctor with your questions.

The whole point is to avoid a situation where amputation in a Post Apocalyptic World (PAW) is the only option left...

To the moderator(s), if you want to edit or even remove this post, please feel free to do so...  I think it is important enough to remain posted but I acknowledge the need to avoid the impression of giving medical advice.

At the very least, please let me say that I recommend some discussion of medical topics, even if it does NOT occur in this forum.  When members of this group meet face-to-face, I would like to hear about this general topic.

To all our registered members, my email is linked to my account, so you can contact me off this forum...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Re: What's in your prepper medical bag?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 10:06:38 AM »
WB edited to specific:
We are all, I hope, aware of the not-so-subtle hints on "fish" antibiotics.  Again, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH and consult an actual doctor with your questions.

The whole point is to avoid a situation where amputation in a Post Apocalyptic World (PAW) is the only option left...
Every thing that follows is my opinion, as you know opinions are like lower body parts, ebber boty has one.

See Dr. Bones and Nurse Amy's blog.  One specific one is: https://www.doomandbloom.net/in-defense-of-fish-antibiotics/
While they are trying to sell you stuff, they're also giving good info.

In any moderate to long term SHTF or a PAW, we'll be at post War of Northern Aggression pre World War One medicine in places.  What we have working in our favor is  our knowledge of sanitation, hygiene, and germ theory.  We'll be in a world where EVERY CUT gets cleaned to prevent infection etc.  We'll be in a world where a number of folks will die fairly unpleasantly due to running out of needed meds.  We'll be in a world where childbirth becomes (again) a leading cause of early death. 

LAST BUT NOT LEAST we'll be in a world where bad infections result in amputations.  We'll be in a world where gun shot wounds to arms/legs result in amputations.  All due to infection.

I'm not looking forward to being a medical type in that kind of world.  I will be one however and will do my best for those around me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WolfBrother

Most folks are happy being a part of the Great Shepherds Flock.
Some folks choose to be wolves and prey on the flock.
Some folks choose to defend the flock and confront the wolf.

I am a SheepDog.