Home Page

Litsea Cubeba (May Chang) Essential Oil- antifungal and antiviral

Offline 230gr

This is something you may want to look into. Every winter I have a bout of bronchitis, sometimes very bad, but I thought this year I might not as I was running Litsea Cubeba in my diffuser everyday, all during the day. Though I could feel I was getting congested, the diffuser really helped a lot. Then diffuser quit working and I rapidly became sick needing oxygen 24 hrs a day. I was very concerned I would end up in the hospital again this year.  Finally my wife started placing chopped onion on the bottoms of my feet over night (wrapped in plastic bags) and, shortly after, diluted Litsea Cubeba on my chest. It was not long before I noticeably began improving. Now 5 days later, I ok (~93 to 94% oxygen) without taking extra oxygen though I still use it when I need to walk. Defiantly on the mend though.   
230gr

If you research it, therapeutically Litsea is a powerful antiseptic that prevents the growth and multiplication of infectious agents. It is an anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral and assists in fighting infections. May Chang can be used to clear painful obstructions from the digestive system and ease nausea, flatulence and indigestion. In aromatherapy skin care, it is used for oily skin, dermatitis, excessive perspiration, insect bites and stings, and inflammatory conditions such as acne. It tones the skin and helps with cellulites. It can also be used to treat lower back pain. It is a wonderful oil to lift the spirit and clear depression, anxiety and fear., A great insect repellant and its also used in cleaning formulas in hospitals, to disinfect, mask unpleasant odors and control the spread of disease. The aroma is uplifting, refreshing and revitalizing. The oil exerts a tranquilizing effect on the mind and spirit. It fights fatigue and weariness. The oil helps manage insomnia and disturbed sleep

I originally found this article about using on Litsea Cubeba  on www.homesteadmoma.com
Litsea Cubeba (May Chang) Essential Oil- is an Asian citrus fruit oil that is high in antifungal and antiviral properties. It has been studied and shown to be effective against athlete's foot, eczema, psoriasis, bronchial and skin infection. In Asian and Indian cultures, it is often used for treating viral and bronchial issues such as influenza, pneumonia, TB, and asthma. It is commonly used in these cultures to break up congestion and aid in deeper breathing. Inhale it with Peppermint Essential Oil for help with asthma and a main component to help aid in bronchial and other like issues. Do not face Flu season without it, as all flu we know of are viral in nature. Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Shingles, and Common Flu are just to name a few. I have also used a few drops directly in our chicken's water with liquid vitamin B, to stop bird flu in baby chicks. I believe it stopped it, "dead" in it's tracks! When other people recommend killing all chickens that could possibly have the disease, I separated the sick ones and tried this instead. It saved my baby chicks from irrational and senseless over killing of animals. Other reported uses and properties include: bactericidal, anti-congestive aid, help with indigestion, anti-inflammatory, insect repellent, skin care, travel sickness, jet lag, stress, anxiety, fungal infection, nail fungus, depression and over all mood enhancement. *Use in diffuser with Peppermint when the flu is going through your home to purify the air and help respiratory issues. May aid high blood pressure and coronary heart disease, arteriosclerosis and tumors. It has been reported to increase  milk production. Diluting it in an liquid cooking oil before using on sensitive skin.
A powerful lemon or citrusy odor, great for opening airways.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions