NNPG List Of Forums > Barter Board

184 Meal Freeze-Dried 25-year Prep Meal Kit

<< < (3/3)

willc453:
Curious.....has anyone eaten any of this food? Checked the website and it's just full of praise how terrific it is to have a supply of it stashed in your closet. But NO ONE mentions how good or bad it is. I mean, did someone offer some to their dog and it refused to eat it? Or maybe some poor dog tried a bite of something, only to have it's eyes buldge out, give a fatal gasp, then rolled over with its paws in the air, dead?

And who has MRE's and have eaten 'em? There's a guy named Steve with a YT video channel with him trying out various military MRE's from around the world. I just bought 2 cases each of A & B MRE's for a total of 4 boxes. Not wanting to open a case, also ordered 4 random MRE's from the same people. This is going to be the main meal with everything. I once tried Mountain House biscuits & gravy and it was AWESOME! There was also A LOT of it.....like 2 people should eat it, instead of one. But it wasn't so yummy when cold. Once those individual meals come in, will give 'em a try and leave a review on what I got and what they tasted like. Also picked up some MRE pizza which I'm told is the cats meow in the military. They didn't come with heater bags, but got 20 of them for $20 including shipping.

Jerry D Young:
I have not tried the ones I have. They are multiple serving pouches and must be cooked, not just heated or hot water added. One of them, if I remember correctly, was an 8-serving packet of oatmeal. The instructions on the outside of the pouch were for cooking the entire pouch. Unless there were alternative instructions inside the pouch on how to cook portions of it and save the rest, that one would be tough for me to use effectively. I do not need to eat oatmeal three times a day, nor once a day for eight days. Keeping the unprepared portions could be a real problem under several sets of conditions.

However, I will look at them again and do one of the four serving pouches. See if it really is four nutritious servings. None had meat... I think... One option might have had a bit. Anyway, I will try one this weekend and give a report afterward.

Just my opinion.

WolfBrother:
WB edited to specific:
--- Quote from: willc453 on April 01, 2021, 12:16:37 AM ---..
And who has MRE's and have eaten 'em? There's a guy named Steve with a YT video channel with him trying out various military MRE's from around the world. I just bought 2 cases each of A & B MRE's for a total of 4 boxes. 

--- End quote ---
Growing up had WWII and Korean War surp C-rations.   
Then had Meal, Combat, Individual ( what they names C's after Korea ), LRRPs (the FD chicken and rice was best), and Inflight Rations (USAF C's).
And finally First Gen thru Current Gen MREs as well as some FSR (First Strike Rations). 
.I've had favorites and never want this agains all along the time line. 
.My Opinion: What you need to do is spend the money and try some.  After a while you'll figure out it's food designed to keep you putting one foot in front of the other not Haute Cuisine.  It'll keep you going. 
.FD foods tend to taste better but serving sizes in terms of numbers of calories generally make a 2 serving FD meal a one serving meal.Be aware of the Number of Meals/Number of Days slight of hand.  In bad times 400 to 800 calorie meals or 7 days of food pail of similar calorie count isn't going to be enough. If you're spending 3000 or more calories a day staying alive the slight of hand is slow starvation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version