Home Page

Starving North Korean soldiers are ordered to steal corn so they are 'combat rea

Offline 230gr

Starving North Korean soldiers are ordered to steal corn so they are 'combat ready' for 'imminent war'
Army officers have 'given their malnourished fighters permission to raid crops'
Starving fighters said to have also resorted to selling stolen corn at markets
Comes despite Pyongyang repeatedly boasting of the power of its military
Starving North Korean soldiers have been ordered to steal corn to ensure they are 'combat ready' for 'imminent war', it has been claimed.
Kim Jong-un's army officers have reportedly given their malnourished fighters permission to raid crops from impoverished citizens.

Another source in North Hamgyong Province told the Daily NK website: 'Young soldiers tired of relentless hunger are frequently deserting the army to steal food. Even military officers are encouraging the practice.
'The military officers are instructing their soldiers, exhausted after training, to eat corn in the fields because war is imminent. They are even threatening their soldiers, saying, 'If you become malnourished despite permission to eat the corn, you will face difficulties.''

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4840712/Starving-North-Korean-soldiers-ordered-steal-corn.html#ixzz4rNpSKA00
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Interesting way to run an army... I was told: "An army travels on its belly", meaning they must be kept supplied in order for function.

"Unprepared" is a phrase that seems to fit here.

N. Korea is not the first to allow its army to loot and pillage... but that is usually after a conflict gets hot.

I don't see much that I can do, from here, to prep for this kind of conflict.  Hide some of your food and "tools", be ready to implement parts of your prepping plans.

Do I expect N. Korea to try hitting the US? No.  I think they want to be overrun and gifted all the free stuff after they concede defeat.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline 230gr

they want to be overrun and gifted all the free stuff after they concede defeat.

The people might want this (unless they believe their Government propaganda that are better off than the capitalist exploited neighbors) but the ruler elite do not. If they can manage to overrun South Korea without turning it to burnt toast, it will be like a Free Disneyland and all you can eat buffet.   
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline TWP

Not trying to sound like the "broken record" but what can we, as preppers, plan on doing about N. Korea?

I use world events (Venezuela, Brazil, Greece, etc.) as examples of what may happen here.  I'm looking at the news (my only source of world info) which shows some of what is happening there.  I'm also reading a lot of media hype, pandering and fear mongering to take advantage of the situation.  Little of the media reporting really gives me anything new about what my prepping can address.

I won't stop reading/watching the news in other countries because we here (the US) have our own set of crazies, activists and non-thinking minds.  I want to know what happened elsewhere, in case it starts up here.

I don't want to be surprised...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline ken_

"Not trying to sound like the "broken record" but what can we, as preppers, plan on doing about N. Korea?"

There's nothing we can do about North Korea directly. We can, however, vote for leaders who will deal with NorKo appropriately. Without getting political, it was our last 3 presidents who tried to appease them with current results. Our current president got them (NorKo) to back away from their threat to nuke Guam.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline TWP

ken

I have to agree, in principle, with voting in those people who represent our own views.

I'm skeptical about the success of that, based on history and our current "crop" of bad seed.

Giving Trump time to do what he said he would do is about the only option, right now.  It looks to be a uphill battle.

I really hate politics.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions